Ohio Power Tool has been honored as one of the 50 Fastest Growing Companies in Central Ohio by Business First for 7 or 8 past years. We are continuing to grow with several new positions opening in the next few months. Our company philosophy is to promote from within whenever possible and we feel there is terrific growth potential for the right people within our organization at every level. If interested in being considered for one of the positions please follow the directions at the bottom of the page. Thank you.
This position handles all aspects of the accounting process for the company. Will be directly responsible for maintaining general ledger accounts, administering and supervising accounts receivable and accounts payable, maintaining and reconciling cash receipts and producing financial statements.
This will be a supervisory position, working with a staff to provide maximum efficiency in all processes for the company that will ultimately affect General Ledger.
This position requires a Bachelor’s degree in accounting and a minimum of five years’ experience in accounting. Ideal candidate would have extensive experience with Microsoft Dynamics GP, Word, Excel, and Access. Solid written and verbal communication skills, ability to pay attention to detail and maintain confidentiality, strong interpersonal skills and commitment to working with a diverse staff in a fast paced environment are essential to carry out the duties of this position. Candidate with experience in a cash based business is preferred. SQL knowledge of GP tables and fields is helpful.
- Accounts Receivable
- Maintain customer account records
- Maintain Sales Tax exempt forms and review sales for adherence
- Review aging for past due accounts and follow up with customers
- Process Credit Applications and review/set credit limits
- Email invoices daily for previous day’s business
- Process AR Cash Receipts/Deposits
- Monthly customer statements
- Accounts Payable
- Maintain Vendor records
- Setting up default posting accounts for vendors
- Data entry of Purchase Order invoices and expense invoices
- Reconciling inventory receipts to invoices
- Maintain Vendor ACH banking data
- Prepare files for upload to the bank for remote processing
- Process payable checks and manage cash to take advantage of terms discounts
- Process Sales Tax Payable payments monthly
- Reconciling ATB to GL monthly
- Maintaining and processing credits due from vendors
- Cash Receipts
- Reconcile daily cash receipts of credit cards and cash
- Manage checkbooks and bank balances/reconcile statements
- Manage Line of Credit account
- Work with management and advise on cash flow
- Responsible for working with staff on defining posting accounts for inventory items
- Review reconciliation of inventory stock status to sales/purchasing
- General Ledger
- Daily review of various posting accounts to assure accuracy in Financials.
- Review/Advise on all batch postings for the company
- Journal entries as needed.
- Monthly reconciliation of all GL accounts to posting records on a monthly basis.
- Preparation of all Financial Statements in Management Reporter.
- Work with management to prepare annual budgets.
- Bi-weekly review of hours/vacation/personal time for payroll submission to accountant.
- Journal entries to record payroll posting
- Manage payments for PR deductions, health insurance, HSA payments, 401k payments, child support payments.
- Payroll accruals/Bonus accruals
- Software essentials
- Microsoft Dynamics GP
- SP Data Collect Warehouse Management Software
- Use Smartlist and Smartlist Builder to create reports to prove accuracy in posting data and to help staff perform their jobs more efficiently.
- Use Excel and Access for same purposes
- Liaison software is used to email customer invoices daily
- Remote deposit software for banking
- EConnect for Importing of data
- Management Reporter for Financial Statements and Budgets
- UPS Worldship
Ohio Power Tool offers Full-Time, Part-Time, Internships and Apprenticeships. All Full-Time employees are eligible for health plans, paid vacation and holidays, 401K, profit sharing and other benefits.
If interested in joining our team, please submit your resume to Jay @ OhioPowerTool.com